Hi Michael,

No, it is not the debug damon port. It is the same exception and stack trace that I get in the Eclipse error log, when I start WDSCi:

Stack trace, when I start the test application:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (com/ibm/cds/CDSHookConfigurator) bad major version at offset=6
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$400(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$ClassFinder.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.HookRegistry.loadConfigurators(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.HookRegistry.initialize(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.<init>(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.createAdaptor(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Unknown Source)

Entry of the Eclipse error log, when I start WDSCi:

<JIT: FullSpeedDebug: ignoring countString>
!SESSION 2015-12-04 07:25:29.294 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows Vista x86-32 j9vmwi3223ifx-20080811 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20080809_21892_lHdSMr
JIT - 20080620_1845_r8
GC - 200806_19
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en
Framework arguments: -product com.ibm.etools.iseries.wdsc.welcome.ide -pdelaunch
Command-line arguments: -product com.ibm.etools.iseries.wdsc.welcome.ide -data C:\workspaces\rdp_070\workspace/../runtime-Eclipse-Anwendung -dev file:C:/workspaces/rdp_070/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/iSphere - en/dev.properties -pdelaunch -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -consoleLog -clean

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2015-12-04 07:25:29.397
!MESSAGE error loading hook: com.ibm.cds.CDSHookConfigurator
!STACK 0
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: (com/ibm/cds/CDSHookConfigurator) bad major version at offset=6
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:151)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:589)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$400(URLClassLoader.java:123)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$ClassFinder.run(URLClassLoader.java:1034)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:279)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:491)
at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.HookRegistry.loadConfigurators(HookRegistry.java:158)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.HookRegistry.initialize(HookRegistry.java:97)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.<init>(BaseAdaptor.java:97)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:67)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:522)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.createAdaptor(EclipseStarter.java:780)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:280)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:173)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:336)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:280)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:996)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:971)

Obviously WDSC can start despite the error, whereas the test application cannot ignore it.

I assume that the current problem is "com.ibm.cds_3.0.1.201410101357.jar", which has been compiled for Java 6. All other versions of the "com.ibm.cds" plug-in have been compiled for Java 1.2 or Java 5.

I wonder why WDSC tries to load that jar although it has a dependency to bundle "org.eclipse.osgi" 3.10.0? I also wonder why the Eclipse Plug-ins view shows "com.ibm.cds (2.0.2.200702070926)", which is the correct plug-in.

Thomas.