On 10/29/2015 11:22 AM, Ken Killian wrote:

But, I have gotten the "Not Responding" on EVERY SINGLE release of RDI... <Puzzled-Look>

And I've seen it maybe once since the OS/2 days. This strongly points
to something in your environment, something that you run on your PC that
I don't run on mine. And something that the lab doesn't run on theirs.

That's no consolation: clearly you need to run RDi at work, so what can
you do? If I were faced with this problem, I'd almost certainly switch
to an editor / IDE that didn't require me to kill it with Task Manager.

The only other real option is to change your environment. Assume your
IT people are interested in helping, get a PC / laptop that has a clean
install of Windows. No antivirus, no firewall, no groupware
integrations, no nothing except the clean install of Windows. Have the
IT people allow you to one IP address: the IBM i machine. You only use
this PC to edit code, and no one else is using the subnet that you're
on. The goal is to make the most absolute vanilla environment that is
humanly possible. Now load RDi and start using it.

If, as I suspect, you don't have any issues with RDi going
non-responding, you will have proved to yourself and to your company
that there's something going on in their environment. But what is it?
Now is where it starts to get time consuming.

Add one thing from the work environment - I'd start with the antivirus -
and try it again. Keep adding things from the work environment one at a
time until it fails, and when it does, you'll be able to report that the
combination of X, and Y, and Z cause RDi to go off the reservation.

That's a lot of work, and it requires the willing assistance from the IT
group who maintain your PC and network. But it's becoming clearer every
time you post that you face stark choices:

1) Find out what it is about your environment that's killing RDi
2) Stop using RDi

Good luck my friend. If I were in your shoes I'd be using Code/400.
No, it can't syntax check modern code but neither can SEU. And despite
being obsolete by a decade, Code/400 is light-years beyond SEU.