I used punch card a lot, first with an IBM 1130, next a S/3, a 360,
4331, a french machine called "multi8" and others. That was long ago.

On 09/03/2015 07:59 AM, Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc. wrote:
I had to write Fortran and PL/1 on punch cards for a time, which fortunately for me did not last long, but never RPG. I kept some of that old source just for posterity, but even that is now long gone.

Mark Murphy
STAR BASE Consulting, Inc.
mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Ken Killian <kkillian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: -----
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ken Killian <kkillian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 09/02/2015 12:26PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDi 9.5 announcement

Have heard of Word-Wrap? <smirk>

Why be tied to 60-year-plus 80-column old punch cards??? That every RPG Developer I know has NEVER used punch cards!

Sorry, I don't know any fossil-type that wrote RPG code on Punch Cards. That was WAY BEFORE my time! Thank goodness!

Speak of which, does the LPEX editor have a way to turn on Word-Wrap like other editors?

Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Word, NotePad++, just to name a few that has word-wrap. Do we have that in RDi? I can't find it.

For XML documents, I use the horizontal scroll bar. Which is okay, I guess.

I would love a ZOOM in/out on the LPEX Text size. But, I know there is already a PFE out there for that. Maybe in next decade, we might get that. <grin>

-Ken Killian-