I am NOT a SOX shop (thank the good lord Jesus). However part of that I
believe is to document the processes. So, somewhere, there should be a
documented process for creating a new library. Sample shoot from the hip
form:

I am requesting a new library because:
I would prefer the name of the library to be:
This library is: data / object / source
This library is: ours / vendor stuff
The owner of the library should be:
The following people should have change access to this library:
The following people should have read access to this library:
Does this library need to be replicated to our backup machine via Mimix?
This library should be backed up: nightly / weekly / quarterly
This library can be deleted: *PERM / or on mm/dd/yy
Schedule review of this library on: mm/dd/yy
Should this library exist on our test partition? If so, how often should
the data be refreshed? Not applicable / Handled by Change Management /
weekly / on demand

Rob Berendt