On 27-May-2015 10:55 -0500, Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc. wrote:
I am having issues dropping fields with CHGPF and RDi 9.1.1. It
tells me it worked, but the file does not change and the log includes
a CPD32CE indicating that a C was used to reply to CPA32B2.

If "It tells me it worked" means to imply that the RDi interface to the command entry reported that the request was successful rather than reporting that the request had failed with an escape msg CPF7304, and that in fact the joblog shows that error CPF7304 logged as sev-40 Escape, then that would seem to suggest a defect with the RDi for failing to notify that the command request had failed.

If I use CHGPF directly from a 5250 interactive command line, I get
the option to ignore the error. Is there a way to do that in RDi? Not
sure how you would redirect the inquiry message to the RDi job as it
is a batch, and takes the default reply which is C. Just wondering
if anyone had solved this without changing the system reply list.

Should be able to Add [System] Reply List Entry (ADDRPYLE) that is specific to that file, so as not to worry about a conflict; include Compare Data (CMPDTA) for that file and library name, and ensure the server job runs with Inquiry Message Reply [Handling] (INQMSGRPY) set to use the System Reply List (*SYSRPL). The following scripted requests, assuming the issue for /batch job/ noted by Buck does not also persist for the RDi server job, for example:

ADDRPYLE SEQNBR(32) MSGID(CPA32B2) CMPDTA('THE_FILE THE_LIBR ')
RPY('I') DUMP(*NO) /* ....+....1....+....2 */

CHGJOB JOB( qualified_RDiJob ) INQMSGRPY(*SYSRPYL)

Too bad that there is [still] no User Reply List object support :-(

As BKBratager mentions there is also the option to effect the default reply from an alternate message file; the following scripted actions, for example:

CRTMSGF MSGF(QTEMP/MYCPFMSGF) TEXT('Ovr CPA32B2 default reply')

MRGMSGF FROMMSGF(*LIBL/QCPFMSG) TOMSGF(QTEMP/MYCPFMSGF)
RPLMSGF(*NONE) SELECT(CPA32B2) OMIT(*N)

CHGMSGD MSGID(CPA32B2) MSGF(QTEMP/MYCPFMSGF) DFT('I')

OVRMSGF QCPFMSG QTEMP/MYCPFMSGF

CHGJOB JOB( qualified_RDiJob ) INQMSGRPY(*DFT)

FWiW there is also an inquiry message Exit feature that could be used to supply the reply.