But an option somewhere in RDi for running commands, to handle this kind of thing, could be a nice thing - an RFE is in the making, man!!

Regards
Vern

On 5/28/2015 8:31 AM, Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc. wrote:
Really, we are going to force ourselves back to 5250 green screen just because that is the way it has always been? Seems to me since IBM owns both RDi and IBM i there could be some communication between the two teams to allow CHGPF, and ALTER TABLE to drop or shorten columns in the GUI. Is RDi the future for IBM i development or not. If it is, you have to be able to do this.

Mark Murphy
STAR BASE Consulting, Inc.
mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx wrote: -----
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: MichaelQuigley@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: 05/27/2015 09:02PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] CHGPF - Cannot drop fields

Sorry Mark,

That's not an RDi issue. That's the been the behavior of CHGPF from a
source file since its inception. If you run it interactively in a 5250
session, it prompts with an inquiry message where you can ignore the
error. Running the command any other way, always results in a 'C' to
cancel the command.

Michael

----- Message from "Mark Murphy/STAR BASE Consulting Inc."
<mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Wed, 27 May 2015 11:55:10 -0400 -----

"Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client
for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

[WDSCI-L] CHGPF - Cannot drop fields

I am having issues dropping fields with CHGPF and RDi 9.1.1. It
tells me it worked, but the file does not change and the log
includes a CPD32CE indicating that a C was used to reply to
CPA32B2. If I use CHGPF directly from a 5250 interactive command
line, I get the option to ignore the error. Is there a way to do
that in RDi? Not sure how you would redirect the inquiry message to
the RDi job as it is a batch, and takes the default reply which is
C. Just wondering if anyone had solved this without changing the
system reply list.

Mark Murphy
STAR BASE Consulting, Inc.
mmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx