"WDSCI-L" <wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 03/04/2015 11:16:36 AM:
> On 3/3/2015 4:02 PM, Greg Wilburn wrote:
>> Is there any way to prevent the RDi "Find Text String" from
>> changing the search options in SEU? Every time I use the search
in
>> RDi, it changes my search defaults in SEU.
>>
>> The options in SEU become "OPTIONS = *NONE" (instead of 5 to
>> display) and "Print Records = Y" (instead of N). I like to use
SEU
>> sometimes and this is driving me crazy.
>>

> I see this, too, and have just lived with it. It DOES look like a
> candidate for an RFE, though. Polite behavior of an application -
> me - would say to put things back as you find them, especially
when
> it is a program doing it, not a person - SEU has always kept our
> choices for future use, and this goes against that, since WE did
not
> make the choice.

My work around has been the excellent search function from iSphere. It's
faster and has no impact on the FNDSTRPDM options in PDM. (FWIW: I always
thought it was a good thing the RDi developers used an existing capability
from PDM to implement this.)

I always felt like I did make the choice on the parameter changes. I just
did it through an alternative interface.