Source types of SQL do not have a typical create style, so no system
CRTxxx command to generate tables. One reason is that a lot of product
development teams develop their database using diagram tools and all the
database items are included and all database items are created at one
time.

Our migration seems similar to yours as we continue to use DDS for items
already defined in DDS and new items in SQL, (except for we have loaded
all products into our CMS). We develop and create each data base object
as separate CMS objects. It makes it easier to move forward but limits
the design to other ways. We type our SQL members as "SQL" and each
programmer has to add .SQL file type and association in to their
workspace. We have Aldon LM(i) and can create SQL types through their
interface but there was no Ctrl+Alt+C option until I modified Scott
Klement's BUILD tool to work with SQL types using the Aldon LM(i)
database. (See this thread
http://archive.midrange.com/wdsci-l/201409/msg00049.html). This
required us to add items to Aldon LM(i) for the command to work but
that's our direction anyway.

I utilized Aldon LM(i) commands to create my SQL types because it was
the easiest option for me (Aldon LM(i) product will drop all indexex and
tables for me before attempting to create the item again) but you could
take this code attached in the other thread and and the RUNSQLSTM for
you own purposes. There is no feed back to the error view for
situations like this. I then add this command to the compile prompts
in RDi, BUILD OBJ(&L/&N) SRCFILE(&L/&F) DBGVIEW(*SOURCE) REPLACE(*YES)
USECMS(*YES) OPTION(*EVENTF).

I believe COMPILE tool by Alan Campin at
http://www.think400.dk/downloads.htm Think400 can accomplish the same
thing.

You just have to make the create command yourself.

Thanks, Matt