Yes. Actually installing (even from an update site on the Internet) will
take running the 'Help', 'Check for Updates' option. And of course you can
always elect to download the zip file and set up your own update site.

Unless I've lost my mind (I'd swear I left it around here somewhere) and
that there's a setting under Automatic Updates which actually does updates
automatically. The preference I see merely states '"Automatically find new
updates and notify me"