Von: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Buck Calabro
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. Februar 2015 22:37
An: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [WDSCI-L] iSphere - Strange FTP port number

On 2/10/2015 4:04 PM, Thomas Raddatz wrote:

When you encounter a strange FTP number, please check the content of the file that stores the plug-in preferences at:

When I did the transfer, I saw the funny port number, assumed it was from your development machine and changed it to 21. I didn't think twice about it until now. I don't remember the port number, except that it was 5 digits.

[workspace]\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\biz.
isphere.core.prefs

The file does not exist, as long as you did not change any default values and it contains only the changed values. For example it may look like this:

#Tue Feb 10 21:59:08 CET 2015
biz.isphere.core.SEARCH_FOR_BETA_VERSIONS=true
biz.isphere.core.SEARCH_FOR_UPDATES=false
eclipse.preferences.version=1
biz.isphere.core.FTP_PORT_NUMBER=2121

In the example above the FTP port number has been changed from 21 (default value) to 2121.

Does the content of the file match your "strange" FTP port number?

No. Mine has only 3 lines (last is blank):
biz.isphere.core.HOST_NAME=my.machine.name
eclipse.preferences.version=1

Can you reproduce the problem?

No. Even though my .prefs file has no entry for the FTP port, it comes up as 21 instead of the unusual port number when I try it now.

Some background: Due to my own meddling, I ruined my ability to work with Eclipse plugins in RDi. So I completely uninstalled every version of RDi, every version of Data Studio and every trace of Installation Manager, right down to the registry. Then I reinstalled IM, reinstalled RDi 9.1.1 into a new directory, reinstalled Data Studio. I created a new workspace. I installed Workspace Mechanic and then iSphere. So my RDi installation is about a 'brand new' as it comes.

Do you have any idea what might went wrong?

Even though I deleted all of the program directories, I do have old workspaces. Here is my .prefs file from a 9.1 workspace (5 lines, last
blank):
biz.isphere.core.FTP_PORT_NUMBER=2147483646
biz.isphere.core.HOST_NAME=my.machine.name
biz.isphere.core.SOURCEFILESEARCH.SEARCHSTRING=lstdbrecs
eclipse.preferences.version=1

It looks as if this old .prefs file has an uninitialised int for the FTP port number. The file date is 20 Aug 2014

My workspace for 9.0 .prefs file has no entry for port number. That file date is 19 May 2014.

--
--buck

'I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion' - Jack Kerouac