From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Edmund Reinhardt
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2014 4:57 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Outline is not using cached source?

When I fixed APAR SE56000 which was delivered in 9.0.0.1, I had to address the complaint that the outline view was not reflect changes made to PF files etc, once the source was loaded.

The behaviour of the outline view is:

to extract file info from the host if

a) the file is not in the cache

b) this is an initial load or the refresh button was pressed

One might argue that this is erring on the side of accuracy instead of speed and that we should instead extract the file info if

a) the file is not in the cache

b) the refresh button is pressed

but on initial load it should try to get things from the cache if it can.

For those who care, reply and tell me if you think the outline view should use cached (potentially) stale data on the initial load and only get from the host if the cache doesn't have it, or the refresh button is pressed.

Email and say "CHANGE"

If you prefer to keep it the way it is say: "KEEP THE WAY IT IS"

Regards,

Edmund (E.H.) Reinhardt

Technical Architect for Rational Developer for i

Phone: 1-905-413-3125 | Home: 1-905-854-6195

E-mail: edmund.reinhardt@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:edmund.reinhardt@xxxxxxxxxx>

RDi YouTube: 8200 Warden Ave

www.youtube.com/user/IBMRational#g/c/62DF24D5BCD43501<http://www.youtube.com/user/IBMRational#g/c/62DF24D5BCD43501> Markham, ON L6G 1C7

Find me on: Canada