On 11-Dec-2014 01:41 -0600, Thomas Raddatz wrote:

Does someone have a clever idea how to map the statement identifier
returned by the "Retrieve Call Stack (QWVRCSTK) API" to the source
line number of the source member?

I am not sure _how to get there from here_, but the following may assist in finding a path:

When using the green-screen debugger Start Debug (STRDBG), within the Display Module Source, issue F19=Left; the Source Sequence (SRCSEQ) and Source Date (SRCDAT) are shown [at least given the /source/ was derived from Source Physical File Member vs STMF, but the identity of the\which member is not there]. AFaIK that information comes from the Statement View Text produced for a debug-capable executable, and the information is there irrespective the choice of Source Statement Option that is specified on OPTION(); IIRC any Debug View (DBGVIEW) other than *NONE ensures that effect. There are Debug APIs that give access to that and other "debug views". IIRC there is also a Text View which is more directly the original source member(s).?

<<SNIP>> great if would not have to scan the source member and if
would work for *NOSRCSTMT, too.

Even with the SrcSeq available from a [Statement] Debug View, that value still would need to be translated into a RRN, and still would be an effective scan; e.g. select rrn(srcf) into :line_nbr from srcMbr where srcseq=:srcseq_from_dbg_view

I infer that statement attempts to imply "It would be great if the Edit method could\might be enhanced to accept a SrcSeq value that is then used by that method to locate the corresponding RRN\line-number [which is the current input]; i.e. a means to avoid, for anyone wanting that capability, from themselves having to code the scanning to locate the desired line number.