Something I noticed before but it never bothered me too much, but now that
we recently upgraded to 9.1 with live parsing, it has become an issue.

Some times the library list on my RSE connection changes, and when it does
live parsing starts throwing errors because it cannot find files it needs.
I tracked it down to using the special display file in TN5250J that will
open a source member in LPEX. Whenever I use this, the library list of the
connection changes.

So I thought not a problem, I'll just make sure the job has the same
library list as the connection. But when I do that, it still changes it,
now to the first 12 libraries in the list, which happen to be within the
first 100 bytes of the LIBL variable which is 2751 long. I called up the
display on a green screen outside of TN5250J and the field is getting
populated correctly.

Anybody else using this feature of TN5250J and see the same issue? Or
found a way around it?

I did poke around in the source code and did find where I think it does
it's magic to open the member, but did not see anything that looked like it
would be an issue, but that java code is well beyond anything I have done
so far.


As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...


Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.