I have been waiting until I can complete my "thank you list" message but
at least there are a few I can mention. (Not in order of preference and
not necessarily new to 9.1).
1. The TODO / FIXME auto task creation (task are created at save
time). This saves a lot of the extra work to add and check off from
2. Internal procedures showing param names in the hover tool tip
3. Filtered outline (regardless of the collapse on refresh).
4. Set SEP in LPEX by right-clicking far left area (where you would
add a break point, task or bookmark).
5 Ability to mass fill code by using the block fill feature.
(block highlight, Right-Click(RC) -> L ->E)
6. Ability to move left or right sections of lines of code with
bock highlight (block highlight, Alt+7 or ALT+8)
7. Quick selection of inputs from the quick member open
(CTRL-SHIFT-A). start type as much as you need to make value unique in
the list then press the up or down arrow.
8. Improved content assist, now shows internal procedure param
names. (see #2)
9. The starting point to code coverage (pending the "correction"
for the UPDPROD(*NO) feature).
10. Quick commendation of code (CTRL+/ adds comment marks and CTRL+\
11. Content Assist Templates that work in all locations now with
full free code.
From: WDSCI-L [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Buck
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Porting workbench settings from WDSc 184.108.40.206 to
On 7/15/2014 4:08 PM, Koester, Michael wrote:
Thanks for that suggestion, Buck.
Curious though -- is the evolution of RDi so great between WDSc and
today that many of the preferences from then don't fit today? I'm
anticipating that some (or many?) preference labels may have different
With the greatest respect for the team, RDi is very similar to WDSC,
especially if you are an RPG/DSPF/CL programmer like me.
I don't do any webbish work, so there may be some wonderful stuff there
that I just never had a need for. This bears repeating: the way that I
work, I may never use a feature that others simply cannot live without.
The Outline View comes immediately to mind. I just can't seem to find
the value proposition. The point isn't that it's bad; it's just not the
way I work.
I hope that others jump in and add comments about post-WDSC features
they really like. It'll do me good to give some stuff a whirl too!
This is the Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries (WDSCI-L) mailing list To post a message
email: WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list
or email: WDSCI-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.