Jeff,

You can do something similar using RegEx

e.g. in the following code block

V001 E_Description = 'Family reference not numeric -
aborting';

V001 E_Description = 'Account Reference too long -
aborting';

V001 E_Description = 'Family Reference Blank - aborting';
V001 E_Description = 'Family reference not numeric -
aborting';

V001 E_Description = 'Family Reference Blank -
aborting';

V001 E_Description = 'Account Reference Blank - aborting';
V001 E_Description = 'Portfolio reference not numeric -
aborting';

To find all E_description parameters with the word reference after it
use:

(.+E_Description.+)( reference) in the find box (making sure that the
Regular expression box is ticked)

Use the All box to show all of the matched text in the whole program.

Then in the replace box put

$1 TEST

$1 pastes the first group (the first bracketed search) back in

TEST will replace the second group (i.e. the word reference) with the
word test

Resulting in the following code:

V001 E_Description = 'Family test not numeric - aborting';
V001 E_Description = 'Account test too long - aborting';
V001 E_Description = 'Family test Blank - aborting';
V001 E_Description = 'Family test not numeric - aborting';
V001 E_Description = 'Family test Blank - aborting';
V001 E_Description = 'Account test Blank - aborting';
V001 E_Description = 'Portfolio test not numeric -
aborting';

Its not exactly what you are after, but its the only way I know to
replace certain text on a line conditioned on the text in another part
of the line

Regards

Aaron Price