From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ken Killian
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 4:55 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDi 9.0.0.1 parser not handling extdesc keyword correctly.

I do NOT like Hard-Coding the program name...

I do a PI, Procedure-Interface like this:

// ===============================
// *Entry Parameters
// ===============================
Dcl-pi *N;
OrdNbr Zoned(7);
END-PI;

I didn't hard code for the Old Fixed format *ENTRY, so I do NOT do it for the new Free Format either...

If you prefer the Fixed format, you can do it like this:

// *Entry Parameters
d pi
d OrdNbr 7s 0

Why Hard-Code the Entry Parameters. Unless you are binding multiple modules together? Normally, I use Service program for commonly used sub-procedures...

For internal Sub-procedure, the Prototypes are now Optional, so I remove them! Of course they are needed for External program calls...

-Ken Killian-