On 1/15/2014 10:31 AM, Dave Shaw wrote:
I think customized perspectives from earlier releases don't migrate to 9 (at least, mine didn't), maybe because of the Eclipse release change. I had to recreate mine.

I know you have to reinstall your plugins.

To add to Dave's note, creating a custom perspective is pretty easy.
Move your views around, delete views that you don't like, add views that
you do and when you like the results, do Window > Save perspective as...

My editing environment is unimaginatively called 'Buck RSE'. I have a
short (not tall) pane that extends all the way across the bottom. In
that pane I put Commands Log, Object Table, Snippets, iSphere search
results, Mylyn Task List. Stuff goes here if it tends to be wider than
tall. On the left, I have a narrow-ish pane that extends the height of
the editing pane. There, I put things which are taller rather than
wide: RSE, RPGUnit and I'm trying to use the Outline View.

I have a similar setup for my debug perspective.
--buck

________________________________
From: Jeff Crosby <
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:23 AM
Subject: [WDSCI-L] RDi 9 update - missing perspective and decorators

All,

I've got RDi 9 installed and it appears to be running OK. No real testing
yet, But I've got 2 issues already. I duplicated my 8.5 workspace and am
using the duplicated workspace.

1) A perspective is missing. Many years ago someone published an article
that they created an "i Editing" perspective that I set up following their
directions and have always used. That perspective is not there. Since I
duplicated the workspace, shouldn't it be there?

2) The "decorators" don't show on members. I found the Preferences -->
General --> Appearance --> Label Decorations area but there's nothing
unchecked that looks like it fits. I think David Gibbs did something years
ago as a plugin that did this. Do I have to go track that down again? Or
is there another way?