John,

If you open everything via the RSE view, I can understand your viewpoint.
But if you open the source via the Object Table rather than the RSE tree
(which is how I work), it can be very difficult to determine which
connection was used to open a member. This is also true if you use
Ctrl+Shift+A to open one, but then the properties view won't even give a
clue to the connection used. I don't know where, but having an indication
somewhere of the connection used to open a member would be nice. I think
adding a prompt for the connection to compile a member would be
overwhelming to most folks.

That said, this is not the place to request a feature. Someone would have
to enter an RFE. I would but it's not been that often that I screw up.
When I do, it usually doesn't take me too long to realize I've opened a
member via the wrong connection.

Michael