Perhaps someone with RDi 9.x can point you to where the workbench is stored on your client machine? Sorry I don't have any experience with that. Did you ever get your environment recovered?
-- Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Englander, Douglas
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:08 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Losing a Perspective

Michael,

I tried to locate your directory path. However, since I am on a
different release, I think the paths are different.

I have the ".eclipse" directory in my user folder, but it only contains
a org.eclipse.equinox.security subfolder.

I do have a separate ".metadata" directory in my user folder, but it
only contains a ".plugins" subfolder, and I cannot locate my active
workbench.

Thank you for your help!

Doug

... from 2013/10/30 ...
Hi Doug.
I'm still on WDSCi 7.0, but I have that happen every few months -- sometimes because I crash the SEP debugger, sometimes because of poltergeists. The remedy I've become familiar with is to grab a copy of the .metadata folder my last back-up of the c-drive and replace the one in my workbench that got trashed. You will find yours located differently, but mine is in
C:\Users\mkoester\.eclipse\RSE\WDSCmk1\.metadata where WDSCmk1 is my active workbench.
That brings me back to the way my environment looked at the time of that save, which won't include any filters or other customizations I made since, and the source members I may have had open in the saved copy will be showing in LPEX instead of those I had open when I lost it. But at least I am in familiar territory at that point. Oh, and I've become better at saving a copy of that .metadata folder more frequently.
Enjoy.
-- Michael