I use it over VPN more than I do locally.  It usually isn't VPN that's the issue, it's the speed and (especially) the responsiveness of your internet connection.  If you have poor ping times, you'll get equally poor response on CL prompts and other interactions with the IBM i server.  Some ISPs will work with you on improving your ping times if they're especially bad.  A good way to check is to go to www.speedtest.net and see what ping times you get to their servers.  50 milliseconds is reasonable, 500 milliseconds is terrible.  I regularly get 40 milliseconds at home and get decent response, but I visited my daughter in Texas last month and saw 600 milliseconds, which gave me absolutely abysmal response times.  Even 5250 emulation was horribly slow.  So, I'd suggest you check that out and see if that's your issue.  Good luck!

Dave Shaw

________________________________
From: gio.cot <gio.cot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:35 AM
Subject: [WDSCI-L] RDPower general information

Hi

i'm tryng to start to use RDPower and definitely abandon pdm; for now the
problems are:

-1 when i click in "compile with prompt", the command prompt appears after
many seconds (i use VPN to connect to Ibm i)
-2 when i execute the CRTSRVPGM to see if it ahs been created i nedd to show
the "Command logs"
3- How to menage the compilation's spool files ; i would like after
successed compile delete the compiltaion's spool file

is there any way to ru faster the "compiler with prompt ?

Thanks