From: Jim Essinger <dilbernator@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06/28/2013 02:53 PM
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Help needed to make Local help work
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

RDi 9.0 installed along side 8.5. Used an existing 8.5 to create my 9.0
workspace.

When installed I told the installer that I wanted local help.

It does not work, and is pointed to a directory that does not exist.

When I go to Windows > preferences > Help > Content I enable the Local
content. When I test the connection, it fails. I can use the internet
version, but I am not fond of the slower response time it takes to show
help.

I changed the Local Help Updater watched folder to one that I created in
the SPD folder that was created as part of the install of 9.0. It was
pointed to a SPD folder that did not exist on this PC, and one that was
most likely valid when I ported 8.5 to this new PC.

When I enable the local help, then go to Help > Local Help Updater I get a
message that says:

"A connection to the Local Help Updater cannot be established. Save all
your work, restart the application, and then retry to update your help
content"

I have taken those steps several times, but keep getting the same response.

Anyone that can point me in the right direction to get the local help
working?

Jim