Paul, as I am one who has looked at but never used projects, is there a need to create a connection in RSE for projects, as the other reply suggested? If so, I don't see a benefit to projects, since a save can be done very nicely there with Ctrl-S, for one.

I didn't see that Dale is using projects, but that might be because I've never used them, so the words did not suggest that.

Cheers
Vern

On 6/7/2013 3:35 PM, Paul Therrien wrote:
In the project Explorer right-click on the project name.
Click properties
Click on 'I Project'
Make sure your connection is set to your server
Select the library on the server to upload to
Click on Apply, Click on OK
Now in project explorer you can right-click on the member , file, or project and select 'Remote Actions' and then 'Push changes'

This is for RDP 8.5.1

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of dale janus
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2013 3:13 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] how to save local file on IBM i source file

I am still trying to find my way around RDI.

This time I created a new program from scratch in RDI/lpex. But it is only on my pc local folders. I cannot figure out how to save it to the source file in my library on the IBM i.

When I click save as, my only choices are local. None of the connections, libraries, objects, etc, under remote system explorer are visible in the save as dialog box.

I tried to drag and drop from remote system explorer, and it looked like it was going to move/copy it, but it remains in local.

I don't recall how I created it, but I sure as heck can't put it where I
want it.

Any help would be appreciated.