It's not exactly what you are looking for (and I may have misunderstood what you are looking for, anyway), but you can set a key press to filter the whole source in the current editor pane on the item you have selected, then move the cursor to the line you might be interested in and press CTRL-W to open all the filters to view the lines above and below the selected line.

To set the filter key press, go to the Window|Preferences menu item, expand the "LPEX Editor" item in the left-pane, select the "User Key Actions" item. Drop the "Action" list and find "Filter Selection", then type c-s-f into the "Key" box (that is "c", "hyphen", "s", "hyphen" and "f", which translates to CTRL-SHIFT-F. You can select whatever key press you find fits best.) Click the SET button, then the APPLY and finally the OK button. Now when you select some text, press CTRL-SHIFT-F, the source will filter, and pressing CTRL-W will un-filter the text leaving the line the cursor was on in the centre of the screen.

-Paul.

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Thomas
Sent: 09 May 2013 02:02
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Lpex editor expand filter

Note: This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer contained at the bottom of this message.

Is there a way to expand a lpex editor filter so that it displays X number of lines above and below the search results.
What I'm after is instead off clicking on the + sign to display the lines below the result, is an option to display x lines above and below the search results.
This will enable me to quickly determine how the search result is being used.

Cheers

Peter Thomas
INSURE/90 Consultant, BTS
CGU Insurance

T (03) 9601 8885 (xtn 38885)
M 0412 812 615
E peter.thomas@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:name.surname@xxxxxxxxxx>

www.cgu.com.au<http://www.cgu.com.au> We put the You in CGU.

Please consider the environment
before printing this email.

The information transmitted in this message and its attachments (if any) is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.
The message may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information, by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this e-mail and associated material from any computer.

The intended recipient of this e-mail may only use, reproduce, disclose or distribute the information contained in this e-mail and any attached files, with the permission of the sender.

This message has been scanned for viruses.