SR (FKA PMR) submitted:
Service request number 01566 370 000 was successfully updated with IBM support with the following title:

Set Service Entry Point does not seem to reset

View and update your service request at https://www-947.ibm.com/support/servicerequest/readPMR.action?pmrNum=01566&branch=370&retainCountryCode=000.

The update was:

************** KT-Situation Appraisal Customer Contact **************
Client Concerns/Problem:
Can't debug subsequently without RDP restart

Client Business Impact:
productivity impact

Other Questions/Concerns:
none stated

Analysis Needed: Question/Request -- Take Appropriate Action
Action Taken:

Hi Paul,

My name is Mike Hockings, I am part of the technical support team for
Rational Developer for Power Systems Software (RDP). You should be able
to re-initiate the debug session without having to restart RDP.

My first inclination would be to make sure that the process and
possibly any spawned processes have been ended that may have a hold on the program object. However I suspect that you have already tried that.

When you try to reset the SEP do you receive any message that it was
reset?

If you try to remove and re-set the SEP is that action reflected in the
view showing the list of active SEPs?

I will discuss this with the debugger developer and let you know the
outcome.

All the best, Mike

~~~

Action Plan: