There are always commercial options such as the RPG2SQL functionality in our RPG2SQL Integrator product.

Also if POI does work for XLSX, possibly writing a Java program to build your spreadsheet instead of RPG.

There are also good .Net libraries for this as well.

Are you trying to build large spreadsheets ?

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT
------------------------------

message: 4
date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 14:00:43 -0400
from: Blake.Moorcroft@xxxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] XLSX development from RPGLE

Hello Richard...

Unfortunately we're not on a more recent version of the iseries O/S which allows for convenient XML development...otherwise we'd go that route. And our projected upgrade to 6.0 or better is projected for next year (it's not my call to say when we upgrade...I'm just a developer...:)

So, we use what we can.

Have a good day.

Blake Moorcroft
Analyst/Programmer - Corporate
Farrow Group - Russell A. Farrow Limited
2001 Huron Church Road, PO Box 333, Windsor, Ontario N9A 2L6
Bus: 519-966-3003 ext. 566
blake.moorcroft@xxxxxxxxxx