Xuan,

I use both COBOL and RPG (LE, of course). We have a large library of OPM
COBOL, but I endeavor to do as much as possible in CBLLE.

wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 09/28/2012 06:01:45 PM:
----- Message from Xuan Chen <xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx> on Fri, 28 Sep
2012 16:01:14 -0400 -----

Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client
for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Re: [WDSCI-L] WARNING RDP 8.5 is BUGGY!!

Thanks for the information, Michael.

Do you only use COBOL, or you also edit RPGLE source as well?

Regards,

Kurt/Ken,

Wow! I haven't had a problem with cached source overriding system
member--just showing up while debugging. When editing, the source has
been current. Well, so far. I can see the frustration.

I know in an past version, I had seen a message asking if I wanted to use
cached source or retrieve the remote member. If you didn't read the
message real carefully, you could mess up and open outdated source. But
this sounds like a different problem. I'll be believing that IBM isolates
the problem and gets it fixed. Sorry to have misunderstood (and
underestimated) the problem.

Michael

----- Message from "Anderson, Kurt" <KAnderson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> on Fri,
28 Sep 2012 21:29:45 +0000 -----

Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client
for System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Re: [WDSCI-L] WARNING RDP 8.5 is BUGGY!!

Michael,

I'm actually on board with Ken on this.

For example, I'm now in the process of going to my workspace temp
source folder to bring back changes that I implemented today that
got overwritten by cached source. It really sucks, and if I didn't
catch this, not only does it suck, but it's damaging to the
department and company's reputation (in this case it was a program
for a client).

That level of a bug can cause a lot of stress. And when that
happens, how do you convince someone happy with SEU to switch?

-Kurt