How do you get the program to stop when a monitored variable changes?
Use watch feature of the RDp debugger. Right click on the variables in the
source editor, and choose Add Watch Breakpoint. This feature is the
equivalent to "WATCH" command for green screen debugger.

What should I do when I modify the module that's being debugged? I
recreate
the program, then refresh the SEP, but this doesn't always seem to work; I
close the source member but it doesn't reopen when I recall the program on
the i. Maybe the job is still using the old version and the SEP points to
the new one?

You are correct to use the refresh action after you recompile the program.
Removing SEP and setting it again does not work.
Make sure you terminate the previous debug session properly. SEP only for
program running in a job which hasn't been under debug yet. If a job is
already in debug, SEP will not be triggered.

Thanks,

Xuan Chen, Problem Determination Tools for IBM i
(905) 413-3769 T/L 313-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

Dave
<dfx1@libertysurf
.fr> To
Sent by: "Rational Developer for IBM i /
wdsci-l-bounces@m Websphere Development Studio Client
idrange.com for System i & iSeries"
<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
22/05/2012 05:27
AM Subject
[WDSCI-L] Debugging questions

Please respond to
Rational
Developer for IBM
i / Websphere
Development
Studio Client
for System i &
iSeries
<wdsci-l@midrange
.com>

Hi all,

Couple of problems debugging with Rdp 8.0.3

How do you get the program to stop when a monitored variable changes?
What should I do when I modify the module that's being debugged? I recreate
the program, then refresh the SEP, but this doesn't always seem to work; I
close the source member but it doesn't reopen when I recall the program on
the i. Maybe the job is still using the old version and the SEP points to
the new one?

Any help would be great.
Thanks.