On 27 Apr 2012 09:58, Vern Hamberg wrote:

In Thunderbird the URLs are wrapping

They were wrapped by the email client that sent them. If Thunderbird was used to send the messages, choose a wider wrapping width; other clients probably have a similar setting. While that should be IMO in the Settings under Composition and Editing for the specific "account", I believe it is found instead under the overall preferences for "Composition". Admittedly, I can never find it on my own, and end up searching the web to locate where to change that setting. I believe it is called "wrap outgoing messages" or similar. Then if [the wrap is set larger than the longest URL and if] the URLs are still broken, then it is almost surely the recipient client at fault.

- all we need to do is copy the 2 lines into a text editor and
concatenate, or copy each in turn into the address field of a
browser. Or press the link, remember the second part, get the error,
add the second part, done!

Eeek! Not so difficult in my experience. Just highlight the two lines and copy that into the buffer and then paste into the address\URL of a browser... and most browsers are IME smart enough to strip the CRLF. Thus the complete address is properly formed when pasted, without any of the monkeying around like the described above. Try that method on the one I left below from the quoted message:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=21
931

Regards, Chuck