Had a weird issue today with using a filtered view, column selected, and
search.

I opened a program and used the "Right-Click" menu to select "Filter
View->Procedures"

Then I place my cursor on the "B" column for the beginning of the
procedure.

Next I use Alt-R to begin column selection.

Next I press page-down all the way to the bottom of the program, thus
selecting all the "B"s and "E"s and possibly some long procedure names.

Next I press Ctrl-F. Key "B" in Find. Select "Restrict search to
selection", and click the "All" find options.

The results are very strange. I get all the "Begin" Procedure lines that
I was looking at, but I also get a number of BEGSR lines and various
EVAL statements.

I was expecting to only see the "Begin" Procedure lines.

Most of the extra lines do not have a "B" in the column that I have
selected.

Also, if I select the entire line instead of just column 24 and search
for "B", I get a lot more lines.

Has anyone else had this kind of issue with the search?

If I add the option "Restrict search to columns" for column 24, then
only get the "Begin" Procedure lines as expected.

It seems to be an issue with the column select, and searching at the
same time.

Running RDp 8.0.3

V5R4

Thanks,