From: "RDutil@xxxxxxxx" <RDutil@xxxxxxxx>
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, February 15, 2012 1:26:17 PM
Subject: [WDSCI-L] WDSCi 7.0 and Windows 7

My old Windows XP laptop died on me the other day, and my new laptop is Windows
7 32 bit version. I asked for the 32 bit version because I highly doubted that
WDSCi 7.0 would work on the 64 bit version (although I didn't know for sure). I
went to install WDSCi 7.0 on the new laptop, and it installed without any
issues. I created a new connection to our IBM i V5R4 machine. However, when
the software actually tries to connect it will prompt for my IBM i user id and
password. I enter the correct user id and password, but the authorization
fails.

It's not a caps lock problem and I didn't forget my password. There seems to
be some communication issues between the two systems. I had to make some tweaks
in order to get Operations Navigator and the IBM i to allow me to access my
shared folder (through Ops Nav) on the IBM i. Is anyone aware of any issues or
fixes when trying to connect with WDSCi 7.0 on a Windows 7 32-bit pc to the IBM
i V5R4? I've been looking on-line for a while but haven't found any answers as
of yet.