From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Paul Bailey
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:13 AM
To: WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Refresh the member lock

Hi,

When you open a source member in RDP a lock is created on the system i so
that any SEU programmers can not open the source member for editing. This is
all good. If you have a source member open, but close RDP and reopen RDP
later then the lock is not restored and the source member can be edited by
you in RDP but also it can be edited by someone in SEU. Obviously we then
end up with a comical farce where two programmers are racing to get their
changes saved first (or is that just me?)

I know this is an old issue, and I was hoping it would have been fixed since
WDSC versions (I am using v8.0.0.3). Does anyone know of a workaround to
re-establish the lock on the source member before I start editing the source
member after a restart?

The only two workarounds I can think of (as used by me in the early days) is
to make certain all source members are automatically closed when RDP closes
(there is a preference, but I can't find it) or to manually close and
re-open the source members after I restart RDP. Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Paul.

Important

This email transmission and any files with it are strictly confidential to
the intended recipient and may be legally privileged. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of BHSF. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy,
disclose or distribute its contents in any way.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and
delete the e-mail from your system.

We have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any
virus but do not accept any responsibility once this e-mail has been
transmitted. You should scan any attachments for viruses.

No contract may be concluded on behalf of BHSF Limited by e-mail.

Registered Office:
BHSF Limited
Gamgee House, 2 Darnley Road, Birmingham B16 8TE.

www.bhsf.co.uk

Registered in England number 35500.

BHSF is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.