Larry, are you getting any further with this? I don't have 7.6 on this machine, but I have another machine I can fire up to try.

Joe

Following a very recent thread on EGL I thought I'd take a look at the EGL open source offering. There is nothing available yet - it is still in Project Proposal Phase (http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/egl/). But as the info states that the first offering will essentially be a refactored version of EGL CE I thought I'd give that a go to see if it offers anything we could use.

I use RDP 7.6 to develop, and as it is built on eclipse 3.4.2 it seemed a natural place to add EGL.

I downloaded the EGL 1.0.1 plug-in, added the site, installed the plug-in and restarted RDP. Apart from a moan that an IBM URL no longer exists the install seemed to work fine.

I get the welcome blurb decided to try building something using one of the tutorials. I chose the Rich UI logon page.

I fall at the first hurdle! It asks me to create a new EGL project but I can't see it anywhere: File> New> Project does not offer EGL as the example indicates.

I have the following:
Remote C/C++ Project
AIX COBOL Project
Project...

The sample expects:
EGL Project

Project...

There is nothing I can see as EGL-related in the list presented when selecting Project...

Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers

Larry Ducie