This is just to let every one know that we have reproduced the problem and
intend to fix it in the next fix pack.
Thank you Ken, for giving us enough info to reproduce it.



|------------>
| From: |
|------------>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|"Tarr, Kenneth" <Kenneth.Tarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> |
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| To: |
|------------>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|"'WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx> |
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Date: |
|------------>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|12/07/2010 11:57 AM |
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Subject: |
|------------>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|[WDSCI-L] Screen Designer lost code! |
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| Sent by: |
|------------>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|





Well, up to today Screen Designer was behaving quite well with a few known
small issues. This morning one of the issues I encountered while on RDP
V7.6 finally resurfaced in RDP V8.0 and in an ugly way. I had to add a new
text and field on the screen, so I used Screen Designer to move most of the
existing text and fields down a line, then added a new text and field to
the screen. I then saved it. I noted one of the attributes didn't take (I
had a field conditioned to be Red when an error existed) so I tried to go
back in and edit it's properties. However the tab didn't react as it
normally would. In the end, I closed out the application, then reopened
it. Much to my surprise, about a third of the text, and over ½ of the
fields, disappeared!

I reported this as an issue when I was using RDP V7.6, and sad to say it's
still an issue in RDP V8.0. All I can tell you is that 1) I moved some
fields around on the screen, 2) Added a new text and field, along with
adjusting its attributes, and 3) Saved my changes. After the save is when
I started noting the odd behavior. Before I closed the editor window, I
did note some of the fields were causing the Properties tab to update while
others weren't. When I reopened the source in the editor, and noted some
of the fields were gone, it dawned on me that when some of those fields
didn't cause the Properties tab to update before I closed it and after the
save, were the same fields that were lost.

It also seems it only loses code on the screen you're working on; if you
have more than one screen in the file, those remain untouched.

Has anyone else encountered issues with Screen Designer losing code in RDP
V8.0? This is indeed a *serious* issue. Back when I was working on this
in RDP V7.6, when this happened with an existing display file, it happened
with both new elements on the screen and preexisting elements. I haven't
noted a pattern other than when I start moving things around on the screen.

Or...and it just dawned on me as I was writing this...when I copy an
existing field on the screen and paste it, changing its properties (and
name)...that was the only thing I did differently this time...someone from
IBM want to give this a whirl?

Ken Tarr
Associated Banc Corp
Green Bay Service Center, Mail Stop 7055
2870 Holmgren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304
www.associatedbank.com<http://www.associatedbank.com>







As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...

Replies:

Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.