Edmund,

Appreciate your participation in the list.

Here's where I'm coming from. Note that I'm current on WDSc 7 (hoping to upgrade next budget year.)

I'm maintaining/researching a lot of code that I didn't write. It's all RPG IV, but much of it came from a RPG 3 basis and virtually all variable names and field names are 6 chars max. I'm not familiar with all the many files, so when I'm looking at code and want to find the usage of a variable, I expand the Field section of the outline
and start typing the variable name. Often the variable is found. However, if this happens to be a field in a file, then I have to expand the Files section, and then guess which file to expand and try typing again. Maybe I picked the right file, but often I don't.

There may be better ways to speed up this process, but, it seems to me that what would be of great value the ability to right click on a variable name and then choose "Locate in Outline."

I'm not sure hovering (fly-over) could accomplish this.

And, while I'm in at it...

When expanded, many of my outlines get exceeding long. I would be nice to be able to have a quick way in the outline to collapse all sections.

Thanks for listening,

Sam