Jon,

One problem (APAR number: SE44536) currently under investigation is that
the debugger hangs if variables view opens and
you step back from a subprocedure to the caller.

Did you set breakpoint inside a subprocedure ? Did you also hit this
problem when the variables view was closed ?

Thanks,

Li Ding
IBM Canada Lab
Email: lding@xxxxxxxxxx

message: 1
date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 10:22:58 -0500
from: Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: [WDSCI-L] Weird Debugger behavior in RPD 7.6.0.1

I have the strangest thing happening with the debugger.

This is occurring on multiple installs both with and without the .1
fix pack.

The symptoms appear on both the customer's V6 box and on the V6 box I
am currently using. Verify connection indicates that all PTFs are in
place on both systems.

When an SEP debug session starts everything works OK to start with -
and as long as you keep stepping all is OK. Step and Step Into both
work fine as does run to breakpoint.

BUT

Once you hit any kind of breakpoint (including run to location) and
attempt to start stepping again it goes haywire. _Any_ kind of step or
run operation from Step Return to a simple Run request causes it to go
nuts.

It is not completely predictable as to what will happen next. The
program always seems to run to conclusion - but the debugger reaction
varies from simple termination of the debug job to a dialog that asks
if I want to continue waiting for the debug engine to hanging the
entire windows workstation. On one occasion I did get it to start
stepping again only to have it "magically" start into the auto step
option and refuse to stop - because apparently it was unaware that is
was actually doing it as the start stepping option was available!

This all happened yesterday. Today my RDP exhibits the problems but
Susan's is (mostly) working fine. Among the client's staff most are
working OK today after having failed magnificently yesterday - all
except one that managed to lock the whole machine up solid.

Customer's connections are local. Susan's is via direct internet
connection and the client's PC's are connecting to a different (local)
machine.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com