From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:58 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] My boss got the run-around for 30 minutes

Kurt, you can download the trial right now. That's not an issue.

Pricing will be through your business partner, but unfortunately they're
not always up on what's what.

Discounts tend to be available when you move from one version to
another. For example, when you go to V6R1, the pricing for ADTS (SEU
and PDM to you and me) changes, and so that's a good time to switch to
Rational. What release of i5/OS are you currently at and when and to
what version do you plan on moving?

Joe

It's hard enough to get a justification through to get RD for Power budgeted, but it really makes things worse when she is bounced around from person to person to person for 30 minutes and eventually... ends up empty-handed.

She started with the phone number that's provided on this site:
http://www-01.ibm.com/software/rational/products/rdp/

Is there another magical number I can give her to get this going? I also promised her she wouldn't have to pay retail based on pretty much everyone on this list saying you can get the license at a discount.

Any help would be wonderful.

Thanks,
Kurt Anderson
Sr. Programmer/Analyst