I have run into the same thing on one of the systems I work on. It is a
V6R1 system. All the other systems I connect to work fine, even another
V6R1. I have looked at exit programs and function configurations and have
not been able to find anything. The system failing has Rational Team
Concert on it and I can access that without any issues.

Jim Diephuis
Consultant
phone: 507.253.1248
diephuis@xxxxxxxxxx
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
IBM Internal WW Offerings Database

From:
Pete Helgren <pete@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:
Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for
System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
10/12/2010 03:05 PM
Subject:
[WDSCI-L] Minimums for simple use of RDP

I am temporarily at a customers site and would like to use RDP just to
locate and browse source members. I *was* initially successful in doing
so but lately the connection won't retrieve a source member. I can
connect to the i (270 at V5R4M0) and I have several filters in place and
I see the objects I want. But, when I double click the source member to
view the contents I get the following error:

RSEF1002 Operation failed. File system input or output error. The
details shows: Message reported from file system: Unable to establish a
connection.

The RSEF1002 seems to indicate that there is a connection issue but the
connection is obviously working since I can drill all the way down to
the source member in the file (just can't open it). The DDM server is
running and I have *ALLOBJ authority. It's weird because this was
working for the first few days I was here and now it stopped working.

The verify connection option returns a list of Products and PTF's that
need to be applied but since this is just a temporary gig, I don't want
to go to the hassle of finding the install media and then downloading
and applying PTF's (assuming that it is a PTF issue).

All I really want to do is browse the members for convenience. Is there
a short cut way of getting this to work (since it *was* working) or
should I just stick with SEU?

Running RDP 7.6.0 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit