From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mike Hockings
Sent: 19. august 2010 02:10
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for
System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] The IBMIM executable launcher was unable to locate
its companion launcher jar

Hi Pete,

I think if you rename the IBM Installation Manager (IIM) program install
directory ("../Program Files/IBM/Installation Manager/") to
"../Installation Manager-old" (or whatever) then download and reinstall
IIM (see link below) you should be able to update/modify/remove stuff
installed by IIM and remove IIM itself.

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
IBM Rational Developer for System z
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx

From:
Pete Helgren <pete@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:
Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for
System i & iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
08/18/2010 06:59 PM
Subject:
[WDSCI-L] The IBMIM executable launcher was unable to locate its companion
launcher jar
Sent by:
wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The subject says it all. I FINALLY got RDp 7.6 installed and updated
yesterday, and today my install got munched by a wayward installer (DO
NOT uninstall the Widcomm Bluetooth software in Windows 7 or say goodbye
to your programs, ALL of them....) Anyway, I have just about recovered
by using System Restore and System repair and then uninstalling and
reinstalling the few programs that wouldn't run. With RDp however, I
can't run the installation manager to uninstall and reinstall the
software. The error listed in the subject is all I get. Interestingly
enough my MyEclipse installation complained along similar lines but I
just went ahead an installed the latest version, sidestepping the issue
for now. But RDp is a different animal.

The quick fix might be to locate the "companion launcher jar" if I knew
what it was and why it can't seem to find it. Otherwise, what manual
steps should I take to remove the installation manager and RDp from my
hard drive?

Bummer....

Running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit.