I use the IWS for internal access to the RPG programs. Can I use this to also create Webservices externally? Currently I only deploy to Websphere for external webservices.

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vern Hamberg
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 10:06 AM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client for System i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Where's the Program Call Bean Wizard in RDP or RAD or RBD?

Nancy

You might like to take a look at the Integrated Web Services for i
functionality. It is included in the OS. This is a link to its site -
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/iws/index.html

From that site, the following -

"*Integrated Web services server:* The Web service engine or run time is
integrated in IBM i and is used to externalize ILE business logic as a
service. This integration opens the IBM i system to a variety of Web
service client implementations, including RPG, COBOL, C, C++, Java^(TM),
.NET, PHP, WebSphere Process Server, ESB, and Web 2.0."

Regards
Vern