From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 7:29 PM
To: Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio Client
forSystem i & iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDp v7.5

Vern Hamberg wrote:
I've never heard anyone ask that Screen Designer "emulate" the CODE
one.
I've seen both (Technology Preview {TP} vs CODE) and found that
everything in CODE was in the TP in some form. Hardly anything was
new.
Seriously!! The underlying code base? Of course, but not the interface

in many aspects. Same way to add fields, same concept of screens,
handling indicators, etc. The palette is a cool addition, I think.

Dude, you may be correct. Screen Designer may be a one-for-one port of
the same features in CODE. I wouldn't know, I don't use CODE. But if
they are, then you should be happy since you like CODE so much!
As someone said, I too think it'd be helpful to have a comparison of
CODE and the new Designer.

Won't be me. I'll compare Screen Designer and SDA.

Joe