From: "Jon Sinner" <jsinner@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rational Developer for IBM i / Websphere Development Studio
Client for System i & iSeries" <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/09/2010 11:03 AM
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDi Withdrawn from market on 5/10/2010
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Here is an email I got from IBM today on this subject:

RD Power did release today.

Here are the details:

http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/products/rdp/
http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/announce/power/

It looks like you can trade up if yours is a Passport Advantage account
(See below). It yours is an AAS Authorized User account, then the trade
up is not available.
(I'm not sure what the no charge feature means below if a tradeup is not
available.)
If you have Websphere Development Studio for i - ADTS you can trade up
to RD Power.

RDi and RDi SOA customer with SWMA (Software Maintenance Agreement) are
entitled to RDP - RPG and COOBL tools for i.
In Passport Advantage, you should be able to download, RD Power.
In AAS, RDi customer order 5733-RDP no charge feature 004 and RDi SOA
customers order 5733-RDP no charge feature 0003

RDi is to be withdrawn from the market 5/11/10.
RDI SOA is still to be available.

So, as a summary:
1) Check out the product overview page at the link above.
2) If you are a Passport Advantage account customer, then all you need
to do is download from PA.
If you are an AAS account customer, it says there is a no charge
feature, but I'd take a look at what is posted for you to download.

Let me know if I didn't cover your scenario. Most of the folks I've
dealt with in the past have PA accounts and right now I'm going to
assume you are too until you tell me otherwise.