From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Brian Johnson
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 5:29 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] CL Source truncation issue

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Koester, Michael
<mkoester@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Thanks Phil. That was the answer I was hoping to see.
--Michael

FYI the record length setting is a one of the settings associated with
automatic formatting. If you don't use automatic formatting there is
nothing to keep you from entering source past column 80. Even with
automatic formatting, source can flow past column 80; long comments, for
example.

Our preference for dealing with this situation is to change all source
files
to the longer record length. The only real problem I know of with
SRCDTA
length > 80 is with RUNSQLSTM which ignores source data past column 80.
Although I think that is fixed in i6.1