Thank you very much Xuan. Your help here on this forum is much appreciated.

Best regards,

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Xuan Chen
Sent: 28 September 2009 20:40
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RSEC2201:E The RSE comms daemon could not be started

To avoid this problem, you can change the daemon port in one of your
workspace to a different number.

You can do that by:
Window -> Preferences -> Remote Systems -> Communication, and change "RSE
communications daemon port number" to a port number which is not used by
your PC right now.

Thanks,

Xuan Chen, Problem Determination Tools for IBM i
(905) 413-3769 T/L 313-3769
xuanchen@xxxxxxxxxx

"Austin, Mark" <Mark.Austin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
28/09/2009 10:38 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] RSEC2201:E The RSE comms daemon could not be started

Hi,

A bit more info on this one.

Here, we have dual screens and have started using two instances of RDi
running at the same time with different workspaces, one on each screen.
One we use for RSE development & turnover and the other one for TN5250J &
Quantum DB.

It seems that if we start the TN5250J workspace first then we can have
problems as described below. If we close the TN5250J instance of RDi and
try the source change again it sorts itself out.

This suggests to me that the comms daemon is being started and linked to
the second workspace when it's the first one that needs it.

If anyone from IBM could confirm this I'd appreciate it. Also is there a
way to avoid this issue?

Best regards,

Mark Austin
IT Consultant
Universal Music Publishing International
Email: mark.austin@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8742 5520
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8742 5699

Universal Music Publishing International Limited
Registered in England. Number 02050403
Registered Office: 347-353 Chiswick High Road, London W4 4HS

A few of us here are having problems occasionally with RSEC2201:E error
window being displayed when trying to make a change to a source member.

Has anyone seen this or know how to get around it?

We are running RDi 7.5

Email: mark.austin@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mark.austin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Tel: +44 (0) 208 742 5520
Fax: +44 (0) 208 742 5699

Universal Music Publishing International Limited
Registered in England. Number 02050403
Registered Office: 347-353 Chiswick High Road, London W4 4HS

________________________________
"**Confidentiality**
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential, may be
privileged and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.
Access to this e-mail by any other person is not authorised. If you are
not the intended recipient, you should not disclose, copy, distribute,
take any action or rely on it and you should please notify the sender by
reply. Any opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the company.

We may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current
legislation. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments
are free from any virus, but it remains your responsibility to ensure that
viruses do not adversely affect you.

--
This is the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries (WDSCI-L)