Vern,

Yes, option 25 from WRKOBJPDM does a search on each individual
member--albeit much quicker than selecting option 25 on all the members
from WRKMBRPDM.

There is no option 25 on WRKLIBPDM. i.e., You have to drill down (option
12--work with objects) to the object level. Then you can specify option
25 on the source physical files. You would either have to do a subset
(17) to get down to the source physical files or page through the objects
and find them. That's the beauty of the search in WDSC or RDi (a.k.a.,
the workbench)--it will get down to the source files for you. However, it
currently ignores PF38-SRC files. We have lots of contemporary code in
our PF38-SRC files. It's just that our change management system was (and
still is) set up to use the old file names and we've never tried
converting them to PF-SRC.

The reason a search on a filter is so much slower, is that the workbench
has to resolve the members that you want to search. The 'iSeries search'
or Ctrl-H search is faster because it doesn't have to resolve the
individual members and individually submit a FNDSTRPDM command on each of
them. I think I checked into this a several releases ago. (Of course my
memory could be faulting me.)

Anyway, I asked to have a way to print the search results several years
ago--back when Violaine Batthish used to monitor the list and she put it
on some feature request list. I was pleasantly surprised to see a print
ability on the trial version of RDi that I looked at. I'm puzzled why
others don't have it now. Could it be only on RDi-SOA? That doesn't make
sense, but not having the print in WDSC doesn't make sense to me either.

Michael