Thanks Tommy.

I closed each source member and closed WDSC, then launched WDSC, and
opened two DDS source members. Opening the second caused the rapid
alternating.

New (possibly relevant) info: I opened an RPGLE source (as a third
source member), and all was right with the world. I opened another dds
source, and that caused alternate flashing between that DDS and the
RPGLE source. When I open another RPGLE member, the alternating ceases,
and I can focus and edit any open member. Strange enough? My coworker
can open any of the offending dds sources on his machine without
anything mis-behaving (apparently I'm special).

I have major aversions to uninstall/reinstall because of all the trash
it leaves behind, losing set-up preferences, losing a day's work, etc.

Thought maybe someone else might also have same poltergeists lurking in
their machines.

--Michael

at first glance...Vista!!! but on the serious side...after you start
experiencing this have you >killed WDSC (and the jvm) and tried
restarting WDSC? if the problem still crops up after a >restart then it
may be time to reinstall WDSC and reapply all patches. do you
experience this >with other Java/Eclipse based apps?

Thanks,

Tommy Holden

When I open a second (or sometimes third) source member from RSE into
LPEX, the tabbed sources >>alternately get focus, giving an entertaining
but otherwise useless flashing effect as each gets >>its sub-second
turn.

That is, one member displays, then the other, and back and forth
several times per second. If I >>open a third or fourth, they all
alternately flash. I can't get just one to hold focus.

Has anyone else been plagued by this? And found a solid remedy?

This does not happen all the time, but seems to be a more frequent
occurrence lately. Yesterday >>it seemed to stabilize by itself after I
opened another member that did not cause the alternate >>flashing
behavior, and things were fine for the rest of the day. Today it's
back. Not a lot of >>conflicting apps running at the time: Client
Access, Outlook, Excel.

I use WDSCi Version: 7.0.0, Build id: 20070202_0030 on a Dell Vostro
1700, running Vista >>Business 6.0 SP2. As much as I'd like to go to
RDi, it's not in this year's budget, so I'm >>stuck with what I've got.
Does not appear to be a connectivity issue, as a coworker does not >>get
this on his similarly connected/configured set-up.

Michael Koester