From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of David Wright
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 11:50 AM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] RDi 7.5 Fixpack 3 (7.5.0.3) is now available

Ok -- first step I took was to clear my cache and reset my perspectives.
Neither helped. Step two was to make a copy of a member that has an
error every time, and start deleting procedures to see if I could
isolate some bit of code that was making Rdi unhappy.

This actually caused the member to not open at all, with an error 'Could
not open the editor. An exception was thrown during initialization.'

This time there is a lot more detail:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.editor.ISeriesEditorRPGILEModel.addFieldsDefn(Unk
nown Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.editor.ISeriesEditorRPGILEModel.addStructDefn(Unk
nown Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.editor.ISeriesEditorRPGILEModel.writeSubProcs(Unk
nown Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.editor.ISeriesEditorRPGILEModel.loadModel(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.editor.ISeriesEditorRPGILEModel.createOutline(Unk
nown Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.parsers.ISeriesEditorRPGILEParser.getModel(Unknow
n Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.edit.views.ISeriesEditorContentOutlinePage.modelR
estarting(Unknown Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.parsers.ISeriesEditorParser.resetOutlineView(Unkn
own Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.parsers.ISeriesEditorParser.focusGained(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.parsers.ISeriesEditorRPGILEParser.focusGained(Unk
nown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.sendFocusEvent(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.wmSetFocus(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_SETFOCUS(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.WM_SETFOCUS(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.SetFocus(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.forceFocus(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.ApplicationWindow.run(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.run(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.lpex.alef.LpexAbstractTextEditor.internalInit(Unknown
Source)
at com.ibm.lpex.alef.LpexAbstractTextEditor.init(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.getEditor(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$11(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$10.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(Unknown
Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.rse.ui.resources.QSYSEditorUtils.openEditor(Unkno
wn Source)
at
com.ibm.etools.iseries.rse.ui.resources.OpenEditorUIJob.runInUIThread(Un
known Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.progress.UIJob$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Unknown Source)
at
org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Unknown
Source)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplicat
ion(Unknown Source)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Unkno
wn Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown
Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown
Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Unknown Source)

I noticed the suspicios bit about the Outline restarting. Sure enough,
if I close the Outline and leave it closed, then I can open and close
members without any error.

By any chance does the Outline use some alternate cache? Or maybe there
is some other way to reset it?

If nothing comes to mind I will open a PMR.

Thanks!
David