Everyone in our department has laptops and a second display. DR plan
requires us to take our laptops home at night to be able to report to
backup location if necessary. Or, disperse and vpn in from various
locations. Now, I use the laptop keyboard, mouse and display as my only
devices. I had the extra keyboard and mouse for my docking station but
after forcing myself to get used to the laptop I find that mouse more
productive than move a hand way off to the side to pet a rodent. I'm
probably the only one in the department using the laptop as primary. But
after watching our BP work during a Mimix install I was impressed by his
use of the mouse on his keyboard. Hey, forcing yourself to become
comfortable with the laptop mouse can't be all that more difficult than
forcing yourself to become used to WDSC over ADTS. I turned off the
scratchpad mouse and only use the rubber eraser mouse. I kept activating
it with my wrists while typing. Yes, I am a fast typist and I
occasionally get a typo when I fat finger the mouse when typing G, B or H.

Rob Berendt