Mary,

I've got to go with David here. Get away from those line commands if
you can re-train yourself just a little. It slows me down to get over
to the numbers and key line commands, and as others have said, this
only works within the same member.

I open the two members I want to edit. As an added bonus, If your
display is wide enough to show both members at the same time, drag the
tab heading to the right edge of the LPEX editor. When the outline of
the member shows, you drop, and you now can look at both members.

Now I go to the member I want to copy from and use alt+L to select the
first line, alt-down arrow to select all the lines I want, and
alt-left arrow (or right arrow) to change to the other member being
edited. Then I position my cursor to where I want the copied lines to
go and use alt-C to copy the lines.

All this without taking my hands off the keyboard, after getting both
members loaded in the editor. I usually open the source member in
browse so I don't accidentally alter it.

Once highlighted you can use alt-D to delete, and alt-M to move as
well. Works between and within members in the LPEX editor.

I am on V7 version of some sort. I have been using this at least since V6.

HTH

Jim