I believe this change was made to better handle programs with embedded
SQL. It has been a while since I reviewed this, but when compiling if an
error occurs you should now be able to click on the error in WDSC and pull
up the actual source file. Before it was only pulling up the pre-compiled
source.

1. EVFEVENT file issues... (David Wright)
2. Re: EVFEVENT file issues... (Austin, Mark)
3. Re: EVFEVENT file issues... (David Wright)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

message: 1
date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 13:56:20 -0800
from: "David Wright" <dwright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: [WDSCI-L] EVFEVENT file issues...

Hi All,

I have noticed another oddity that seems to have arrived with RDi
(latest updates all applied).

For some reason, the EVFEVENT file was being created in one of the
application libraries instead of my *CURRENT library. Every programmers
compiles are going into this same file.

I tried deleting all the EVFEVENT files, tried adding OVRDBF as my
initial command in the connection, but nothing seems to work.

Have I missed (or forgotten) something? I had used WDSC for years
without this issue.

Thanks,
David

PS - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!


------------------------------

message: 2
date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 08:10:11 -0000
from: "Austin, Mark" <Mark.Austin@xxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] EVFEVENT file issues...


Hi David,

If I remember rightly, this has been discussed previously and compiles
go into the EVFEVENT file in the library the program is being compiled
into. Search results etc. go into the EVFEVENT file in your curlib.

Best regards,

Mark Austin
IT Consultant
Universal Music Publishing International
Email: mark.austin@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8742 5520
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8742 5699

Universal Music Publishing International Limited
Registered in England. Number 02050403
Registered Office: 347-353 Chiswick High Road, London W4 4HS

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of David Wright
Sent: 26 November 2008 21:56
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: [WDSCI-L] EVFEVENT file issues...

Hi All,

I have noticed another oddity that seems to have arrived with RDi
(latest updates all applied).

For some reason, the EVFEVENT file was being created in one of the
application libraries instead of my *CURRENT library. Every programmers
compiles are going into this same file.

I tried deleting all the EVFEVENT files, tried adding OVRDBF as my
initial command in the connection, but nothing seems to work.

Have I missed (or forgotten) something? I had used WDSC for years
without this issue.

Thanks,
David

PS - Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...


Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.