Yes, I did. I also verified the permissions of the CL commands that DDM
uses. What I am trying to see is how to authorize an user to the DDM host
server.

-----Original Message-----
From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jason Anderson
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 1:57 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] (no subject)

Have you followed the instructions in the error?

"One or more of the required host servers are
not started which may cause unpredictable results. Use the "Verify
Connection" action to see which hosts servers are not started. To start
the
host servers run the following two commands: STRHOSTSVR *ALL and
STRTCPSVR
*DDM", "

Thank you.
Jason Anderson
SoftLanding Systems
A UNICOM Systems, Inc. Company
http://support.softlanding.com/
***************************************

Have you been to www.CICS.com?
What are you waiting for!
The leader in IT procurement and solutions.

***************************************

"Jorge Merino" <jorge@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/09/2008 03:52 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] (no subject)

Hi everybody,

I just installed Rational 7.1 and it connects successfully into V5R2M0,
I'm
actually can edit, save virtually any source member.

When I try to connect to V6R1, Rational says:

EVFC1020W Required host servers are not started. The details of the
message
says: "The RSE communications server requires the i5/OS host servers be
started to function properly. One or more of the required host servers are
not started which may cause unpredictable results. Use the "Verify
Connection" action to see which hosts servers are not started. To start
the
host servers run the following two commands: STRHOSTSVR *ALL and
STRTCPSVR
*DDM",

I click OK on it, then a new message appears:

EVF9104E "The TCP/IP network connection to nuvkut01.nuvek.com was
dropped.",
the detail of the message is "TCP/IP network connection to the host was
dropped. This could have been caused by a TCP/IP network outage or the
i5/OS server communication job ending. The previous operation has been
cancelled and the RSE connection xxxxxxxxxxx has been disconnected.
Reconnect the RSE connection to continue working."

These bunch of errors happens when I try to open a source member as I
said,
however I can see the entire list of source members on the Remote System
Explorer, I can see the library list specified on my *JOBD

I googled and I found several posts about NETA, *DDM, etc:

1) Display Network Attributes shows "DDM request access . . . . . . .
.
. . . . . . . : (DDMACC) *OBJAUT"

2) I don't have any proxies enabled either on the PC or our internal
network.

3) CHGDDMTCPA shows PWDRQD(*USRIDPWD) rather than *YES, however I
changed it to *YES just in case and the results are the same.

4) I did STRTCPSVR for *ALL host servers, I ended and started *DDM
tcp
server just in case.

5) I also restarted the HOST SERVERS: *RMTCD, *FILE, *DTAQ

6) My *JOBD Description is correct.

7) We installed the latest PTFs last month.

WDSC V7.0 and a prior version could connect to another machine V5R3 that
we
have just fine, actually Rational V7.1 also connects fine into that
machine;
for somehow none of the WSDC or Rational versions are able to open a
source
member in V6R1.

I also searched on the IBM site, but I can't find how to solve this issue.
Could anyone help?

I appreciate the help.

Jorge Merino

http://vektr.com/